Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grande Prairie

 Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend and happy Valentines day too! Jordan and I spent our Valentines day, well 8hrs of it anyhow, in our truck coming home from Grande Prairie. We had such a good time it was hard to leave. It was really hard to take Cooper Way from all the new friends he met and got to play with. They all got along so well it really worked out great. Jordan and I keep going back and forth on whether or not it would be a smart idea to get a little companion for Coop. We have our cats, but they have no interest in playing with another cat let alone a dog 5 times their size haha I guess we'll see what happens. For now I think one dog fits just right. If we had another dog we definitely wouldn't be able to just pick up and head on an 8 hr road trip like we did Friday. It's already getting difficult to squeeze Coop in the little seat between us, I an just imagine with another pooch in there. Especially with the bad luck we have.......on the way to Grande prairie the driver side window got stuck all the way down for 2hrs!  Of coure the weather took a turn for the worst the second we realized the window wasn't coming back up. As bad as I felt for our little pup trying to keep warm, Jordan really got the worst of it. I can't even count how many times he was hit by rocks flying off the oncoming traffic. Needles to say it was a very unpleasant couple of hrs while I tried to track down a mechanic that first, could hear what I was trying to say on the phone with wind blowing crazily around me, and secondly could fit us in and help us out.
Soooo I would like to thank Hunter Motors in Athabasca AB for bumping us to first in line and fixing us up! I have never felt so much relief, so thanks again!! haha 
 We made it in one piece and ended up having the best time.  Its always so much fun going there because even though they don't live right in town, there is no shortage of things to do. Between the crew of pets that include horses, cats and dogs (that I adore far too much), and the acres of land, you really are easily occupied. Its a great break from our apartment and tiny deck haha Not only that but it's nice to have family close enough to be able to visit.  On Saturday the boys went on a little excursion to get hay for the horses. They were nice enough to leave us girls behind so we could relax on the couch and discuss , well girls stuff haha It was really exciting to hear all the plans for the newest edition to the fam. Only a few more months until he or she arrives, so there's plenty to talk about and get done! I love that they're keeping the sex of the baby a surprise until the day. Not many people can wait on information like that, so we're all pretty excited as to what it's going to be. Jordan is 100% positive he's going to have a nephew, whereas I'm not so sure. I don't really have a feeling as to what it's going to be, but I also don't want to guess and be wrong hahah oh geez. Either way everyone is very excited and looking forward to these next few months ahead.
 I've only been home for a night and Im ready for another trip back! It's fun going on a walk with 4 dogs and turning around to see 6 cats following close behind haha The dogs are super protective of the rest of the animals and keep an eye out for coyotes before they bunker in for the night. Its neat to see so many animals get along without any problems. They were even fine when we left them alone to go into town and grab some awesome milkshakes from Fatburger! Holy cow yummy!
 The night before we left ,Sarissa and Christian were kind enough to make us a delicious turkey dinner, with all the fixins. I hadn't been brave enough to try making one myself over the holidays so it was a nice treat for sure! All in all it was an awesome trip. It really makes me excited for what this Summer has in store!

Britt*

P.S. I was having troubles posing this lastnight, so I will post my project 365 photos later in another post so this one doesn't drag on forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment